The Meshchersky Museum of Wooden Architecture and the Wood Carving Studio at the museum in Spas-Klepiki were established in 1997 by patron of the arts and philanthropist, Professor Vladimir Pavlovich Groshev (20.01.1940 – 03.05.2009). Margarita Prokopyevna Grosheva was the successor of her husband from 2009 to 2018. For 20 years 14 summer creative camps for gifted children and 6 festivals on garden and park sculpture were held on personal funds of the Grosheva family. More than 3500 exhibits are presented in the museum: wood carving, wood painting, vine products, antique household items. In addition, garden, and park sculpture – 120 pieces; a wooden playground.
The museum is the pearl of the Meshchersky region. More than 10,000 visitors a year come here. The museum is a private family museum, two owners are daughters of the museum creator, the general director is Tatiana Vladimirovna Grosheva. The museum has created an accessible environment for people with disabilities, disabled people – ramps, opportunities for tactile study of wooden carvings and wood species for visually impaired people; sign language interpreters of groups with special physical development visit the museum free of charge, disabled people have privileges in the museum. Masterclasses are held. New sites are opened. Festive entertainment events are organized. You can find out more about the museum at www.myzeidereva.ru
The Meschersk Museum of Wooden Architecture named after V.P. Groshev is a member of the Association of Private and People’s Museums of Russia.