The Woman’s Happiness Museum
Moscow, Narodnogo opolcheniya Ul., 12, building.6
Tel.: +7 (495) 728-88-64
Founder of the museum
The collection of Tatyana Makeeva consists of genuine household items and works of art collected in Russia and abroad. They reflect the life of a woman during the late 19th – early 20th centuries.
The main parts of the collection are:
– fans from the 18th – beginning of the 19th centuries, screens of fans, sketches of fans, fans in the fine arts, materials on the history of the fan, and cultural traditions associated with the fan;
– ladies’ outfits and home clothes, swimming and sport suits, shoes, and various accessories – belts, gloves, umbrellas, hats, handbags, purses, and much more;
– household items, materials and documents reflecting love and marriage, family relationships, housekeeping, study and work, leisure and entertainment;
– children’s games and toys from the mid-19th – early 20th centuries, educational supplies, children’s clothes and shoes, childcare items, books and entertainment, children’s images in the visual arts, rare editions;
– embroideries from the late 18th – early 20th centuries, tools and materials for embroidery, artistic embroidery by V. P. Chizhova (1899-1989), grandmother of T. A. Makeeva, documents and photographs about the embroiderer’s life and work, her personal belongings, tools, and materials.